Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 4. Time To Flood

Pearling on Cuba on Day 1 of flooding. 


Today is Monday the 9th May 2016. It is just a month since I started the Nano. This evening I flooded the tank. Basically, the other plants were melting away. I flooded the tank more for them. I had brought three stems of AR Mini from Sumit-da. I had planted them in any case. I also planted the eight Parvas. One of them had melted away with no leaves. I have planted that too. Let me see what happens to it. 

In terms of equipment, I set up the Aqua Clear 20. It works flawlessly. I set up the CO2 as well. I am a little confused about how long a photo period to have for the flooded tank. The plants are used to 12 hours. But with the water in the tank, it might need to be reduced. I guess I will step down slowly. Like 10 hours for some days. Then 8. Otherwise I shall soon have to deal with an algae bloom. 

The pearling that I see in Cuba is perhaps a temporary phenomena. They always do when freshly planted. I think it is faux pearling. I mean it is not oxygen breathing by the plants. If it happens tomorrow as well then I will know it is real pearling. Till then I shall continue to harbour my doubts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment